The following volunteer opportunities are currently available with the Autism Society, Tidewater Virginia:
UPCOMING ONE TIME EVENTS:
Check out our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/tidewaterasa, for additional volunteer opportunities.
FOR MORE ONE-TIME VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER PLEASE VISIT OUR VOLUNTEER HAMPTON ROADS PAGE BY CLICKING HERE.
- Data Entry/Office Volunteer:Seeking volunteer(s) to help with data entry and clerical duties at our office. Hours are Thursday’s, anytime between 9:00am and 2:00pm on Thursdays or Fridays. Volunteer will be entering demographic information on the number of families served during the year. Volunteer must be proficient in typing and database entry.
- Hispanic Outreach: The Autism Society, Tidewater Virginia is currently recruiting volunteers to assist families of Hispanic backgrounds. We are looking for volunteers who are willing to help translate parent education materials from English to Spanish. We are also seeking volunteers who are interested in occasionally providing translation services for families during meetings help at our office. This is an ongoing volunteer opportunity.
- Event Volunteers: Seeking volunteers to assist in events throughout the month, such as our respite nights (Chesapeake and Virginia Beach locations), and assistance during meetings and various other events held throughout the year.
- Respite Nights at Brickheadz, 1525 Technology Drive, Chesapeake, VA. 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm, Seeking volunteers between 12-17 years of age to pair up with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their siblings as buddies. Participants and volunteers a fun evening with Legos and games. Please contact Vania O’Keefe at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Respite Nights at the Bounce House, 829 Lynnhaven Parkway, Virginia Beach Virginia 6:30pm to 8:30 p.m. Last Sunday of the Month unless otherwise noted. Seeking volunteers preferably between the ages of 12-17 years of age to pair up with children with Autism and their siblings as buddies. Participants and volunteers enjoy a fun evening at an indoor inflatable bounce house. Please contact Nicole Miller at email@example.com for more information.
If volunteers are working any of our ongoing volunteer opportunities they must agree to our confidentiality statement (if working in office), sign a Volunteer Waiver, sign a Volunteer Commitment Form, and submit to a criminal background check (if over 18 years of age) prior to starting (Active Service Member: we will waive the Background Check and only require you to present your Military ID and complete a Volunteer Form for verification). If interested in ongoing volunteer opportunities please complete forms that are attached and email, fax or drop off to our office. A volunteer coordinator will be in contact with you after information is received. For further information or questions please contact the Autism Society, Tidewater Virginia at 757-461-4474.
Thank you for your interest in our organization!
Call us at (757) 461-4474, email Nicole Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by our office. Thank you!
Click here for other local volunteer opportunities: